Cest La Vie
We had a pretty busy weekend. The family got together and celebrated by 3rd born's 2nd birthday. We had tacos, a piñata, candy bar, and a nice big water slide for the kids. Little did I know the kids would make such a splash. It was nice to have fun and mingle with friends and family after the interested announcement at work on Wednesday.
I've always heard the saying, when life gives you lemons make lemonade. That's a good way to try to explain what's going on at the moment. My co-workers and I were informed that our branch office would be closing it's doors. We weren't given a very detailed outline of when and as far as I know at this moment, I should have a few weeks of work left. However, this was said to me and my co worker and this morning I heard that they were "still keeping her around two more weeks." I don't know about you, but two weeks doesn't equivocate to a couple of weeks does it? So as of right now my future is uncertain. I am currently battling with the idea, do I look for another job and jump straight into right after I am laid off here, do I go back to school? Do I try to establish a work from job? Internally I am pulling myself a little in each direction.
To my surprise, I wasn't devastated by the news. I took my last lay off much harder because I had put a lot of time and energy in that job even though I kept getting screwed paid wise left and right over the course of 9 years. I think I learned my lesson from that and so when I started here I made sure to let them know that if they wanted me, I had a couple of stipulations i.e. start time would be 8:30am once my 5 year old started kindergarten, I wasn't working more than 30-35 hours a week. And hey, if that was OK with them I was more than happy to join the team. I stood my ground even when I felt that management expected me to work more. So when I received the news that we wouldn't have a job here in a "few weeks" I took it as "Cest La Vie."
I shared the information with my family and all have been supportive. Some are concerned but I feel they all have faith everything will work out. I am not as religious as my mom would want me to be but I am a true believe that God has bigger plans for me. I have faith it will work out and what is meant to happen will happen. I'm definitely taking it one day at a time, and am praying on what is the right path. I've been wanting to go back to school for a very long time so I think this may be God's cue.
For now I will continue to go to work and continue business as usual and hopefully in a few days time I can decide on my next course. Meanwhile, here are a few more pictures my talented brother in law took at our very successful birthday party. Enjoy and God Bless :)
Photo Cred: Emilio Olivas Photography
To my surprise, I wasn't devastated by the news. I took my last lay off much harder because I had put a lot of time and energy in that job even though I kept getting screwed paid wise left and right over the course of 9 years. I think I learned my lesson from that and so when I started here I made sure to let them know that if they wanted me, I had a couple of stipulations i.e. start time would be 8:30am once my 5 year old started kindergarten, I wasn't working more than 30-35 hours a week. And hey, if that was OK with them I was more than happy to join the team. I stood my ground even when I felt that management expected me to work more. So when I received the news that we wouldn't have a job here in a "few weeks" I took it as "Cest La Vie."
I shared the information with my family and all have been supportive. Some are concerned but I feel they all have faith everything will work out. I am not as religious as my mom would want me to be but I am a true believe that God has bigger plans for me. I have faith it will work out and what is meant to happen will happen. I'm definitely taking it one day at a time, and am praying on what is the right path. I've been wanting to go back to school for a very long time so I think this may be God's cue.
For now I will continue to go to work and continue business as usual and hopefully in a few days time I can decide on my next course. Meanwhile, here are a few more pictures my talented brother in law took at our very successful birthday party. Enjoy and God Bless :)







Comments
Post a Comment